By Jillian Baker
The Wall of Worry pertains to investors always worrying as markets climb higher. So, what are some of the bull and bear cases on the markets, valuations, inflation, interest rates, stocks, and bonds? Jay Pestrichelli and Derek Moore join up again to discuss the bull and bear case for each. And why it all leads back to being hedge!
Click play below to listen:
- What is the Wall of Worry for investors?
- Are Bonds even worth it given such low interest rates?
- Potentially better portfolio hedges than bonds
- The bull and bear case for inflation
- Why higher money supply has not exactly meant higher inflation
- Money velocity
- CAPE Ratio, Shiller PE
- Are valuations high or does prior 20-year growth rate say returns can be good over next 10 years?
- Being long stocks with no bonds but being hedged?
- Is gold an effective hedge?
- What does the President and Senate control say about future stock market returns?
Mentioned in this Episode: