Derek Moore and Jay Pestrichelli, CEO of ZEGA Financial, join up once again to discuss the drop in the VIX Index off the highs. How S&P 500 2024 targets are showing up and why investors may not care. Labor force participation turned down so what does that mean if anything? Finally, simplifying what synthetic long stock strategies are and synthetic long stock with covered calls. What are the features and benefits? How are they like just owning stock and or owning stock with a covered call? What investors give up by selling covered calls in exchange for additional income.
You can click below to listen:
On Your Favorite Podcast App to Listen and Subscribe to Get Notified of New Episodes
- 2024 S&P 500 Year End Price Targets from the investment banks
- Why investors should probably ignore market predictions.
- Largest VIX Index 7-week declines and whether its significant or no
- Unemployment remains low but labor force participation move lower
- What does Labor Force participation measure?
- What are synthetic option positions?
- What are synthetic long stock with a covered call position?
- What are the benefits of using synthetic options to build market exposure?
Mentioned in this Episode:
Jay Pestrichelli’s book Buy and Hedge
Derek’s new book on public speaking Effortless Public Speaking
Derek Moore’s book Broken Pie Chart