Jay Pestrichelli, CEO of ZEGA Financial, is back with Derek this week where they talk FTX bankruptcy and whether it means the end for crypto? Then they discuss the 3-month treasury bond yield inverting with the 10-year treasury bond. Yes, every time that has happened there have been recessions, so what about this time? Earnings continue to be the thing to watch. A quick game of who is right after the Atlanta Fed GDP Nowcast is showing 4.3% growth compared to a measly 0.5% current estimate for Q4 GDP. Finally, some recommendations.
You can click below to listen:
Or simply use your favorite podcast app:
- What is market FTX Bankruptcy
- Whether crypto has any use case
- One bad actor doesn’t make the whole space
- Who’s right, the Atlanta Fed GDP Nowcast or the street consensus on Q4 GDP?
- 3-Month US Treasury inversion with the 10-Year Treasury Yield
- Does a recession always happen after this inversion?
- Examining typical un-inversion prior to recessions
- Discussing whether we had inversion prior to 2020 recession
- Q3 earnings are mostly done so what does that mean for stocks?
- Nominal vs real (after inflation) retail sales numbers
Mentioned in this Episode: