Derek Moore is joined once again by ZEGA Financial CEO Jay Pestrichelli to discuss whether now is finally the death of the 60/40 portfolio?
Plus, they comment on a Bloomberg article pointing out when 10-year treasury yields move up or through long term channel resistance things happen. Then travel back in time to 1982 where we read some expert comments in NY Times article around predictions on interest rates.
Finally, how markets have historically done in midterm election years.
Listen by clicking play below:
Or on your favorite podcast app:
Topics Included in the Episode:
- Bond yields spike while the curve flattens or inverts.
- What happens historically when the 10-year treasury yield moves to long term channel resistance?
- Equities during midterm election years.
- Reviewing year to date total returns in US Aggregate Bond Index (AGG) vs the S&P 500 Index (SPY).
- How bonds may not provide the same protection this time.
- How housing prices still rose even during a 10-year period of high inflation and rising interest rates.
- Going to the archives of a 1982 NY Times article when the 30-year treasury yield was pushing 16%.
Mentioned in this Episode: