By Derek Moore
Derek Moore and Jay Pestrichelli, CEO of ZEGA Financial, are back this week to discuss some hedging examples and how hedging is cheap right now. They even go through a few examples. Then they get into the sharp rise in container shipping costs before discussing the weaker PMI Services data. Later they note Bloomberg’s data showing articles mentioning “soft landing” are the highest since the 2000-2001 recession. A fun segment where they go through data from Unusual Whales showing the 2023 returns from members of congress and which members traded the most including options. Finally, they discuss whether so goes January goes the rest of the year in markets is a good indicator.
You can click below to listen:
On Your Favorite Podcast App to Listen and Subscribe to Get Notified of New Episodes
- The cost of hedging with options is cheap right now.
- Examples of hedging using the S&P 500 Index ETF SPY and Nvidia
- Zero cost collars to hedge downside risk.
- Is good news in markets or bad news in markets good news?
- Container shipping costs spike due to the Red Sea and Suez Canal re-routing.
- PMI Services data shows employment dipped below 50, which is contraction.
- What is the PMI Services Survey?
- “Soft Landing” shows up in Bloomberg articles the most since the 2000-2001 recession.
- Which members of the US Congress beat the markets last year 2023?
- Unusual Whales publishes report showing number of trades and performance of US Congress
- Which congressman traded over 4000 times last year?
- What does January performance say about the rest of the year’s performance in markets?
- NY Fed global supply chain pressure index
Mentioned in this Episode:
Jay Pestrichelli’s book Buy and Hedge
Derek’s new book on public speaking Effortless Public Speaking
Derek Moore’s book Broken Pie Chart
Contact Derek email@example.com