By Derek Moore
Derek Moore and Jay Pestrichelli, CEO of ZEGA Financial, discuss the new consensus of the Fed doing multiple rate cuts so what could go wrong? Record call option volume while the VVIX makes a move higher while the VIX continues lower. Viral article said 44% of home sales were to big institutions like Blackrock and Innovation homes but it was less than 0.4%. Later they look at whether the Powell Fed and the Voelker Fed are similar in declaring mission accomplished. Finally, they cover how bullish investors have gotten now that we are close to the all-time highs again and any flies in the ointment economically.
You can click below to listen:
On Your Favorite Podcast App to Listen and Subscribe to Get Notified of New Episodes
- Consensus of multiple Fed rate cuts can be wrong, can it?
- Why when everyone on the same side sometimes surprises
- VIX vs the VVIX index
- What the VVIX spiking while the VIX moves lower means
- Comparing Chairman Powell’s Fed today to Voelker’s 1982 Fed and going forward for markets
- The AAII Bull – Bear survey points to high bullishness with market approaching all-time highs.
- 44% of home sales being bought by Blackrock? Not so fast!
- Atlanta Fed GDP is now ticking up again.
- Record Call option volume
- Fed rate probability tracker tool
Mentioned in this Episode:
Jay Pestrichelli’s book Buy and Hedge
Derek’s new book on public speaking Effortless Public Speaking
Derek Moore’s book Broken Pie Chart