AI Driving Market Returns? | Size of Top 2 S&P 500 Stocks Now 15%? | Relative Performance of Tech vs S&P 500 Index at Extreme Levels
By Derek Moore
Derek Moore and ZEGA Financial CEO Jay Pestrichelli do it again. That’s right they talk about AI but this time around how it may be driving Mega Cap Tech performance relative to the rest of the market. Plus, the weight of the top 2 S&P 500 companies is the highest since 1978 and the top 10 companies weighting is now 30%. They debate whether this is nothing or something. Finally, they discuss the LEI Leading Economic Indicator declining for 13 straight months without a “declared” recession yet.
You can click below to listen:
Or simply use your favorite podcast app:
- LEI Leading Economic Indicators
- Relative performance year to date between mega cap tech down the line to micro caps
- FAANMG forward PE ratios
- FAANMG = Facebook, Amazon, Apple, Netflix, Google, Microsoft.
- Carter Worth CNBC talks about relative tech performance at extreme levels.
- Top 2 companies at the highest weighting since 1978
- Today its Apple | Microsoft but in 1978 it was AT&T and IBM
- Top ten companies in S&P 500 average weighting vs today
- ChatGPT time to reach 100 million users vs TikTok, Instagram, Google Translate, and Netflix
- Investors seem to be flowing into mega cap tech as an AI play.
- ChatGPT reached 100 million users in just 2 months.
- The Levis blue jeans (picks and shovels) approach to new tech?
Mentioned in this Episode:
Global X article explaining ChatGPT and regenerative AI
US Default Chances Overblown? | Option and Bond Markets Not Showing Fear
Dividend Deep Dive | ChatGPT AI Fed Research | Do Markets Go Up After Fed Pauses?
Jay Pestrichelli’s book Buy and Hedge
Derek’s new book on public speaking Effortless Public Speaking
Derek Moore’s book Broken Pie Chart