By Derek Moore
New Podcast where Jay and Derek go beyond the headlines and give you talking points so you can have better conversations around key themes.
- Why it is and is not transitory
- Container shipping issues really driving inflation.
- Sticky CPI not so bad but Flexible CPI is surging
Fed and Interest Rates
- Why and why not the Fed will raise rates
- Fed using Reverse Repos to create a floor in rates
- Even if taper will strong demand for treasuries mute reactions?
Markets at All-Time Highs
- Surprising Data That Markets Are Near All-Time Highs More Than You Think
- Why hedging can reduce fear in markets and stop from missing out
- Contrarian view isn't so contrarian right now if you listen to financial media
- Going beyond the headlines isn't so scary
- Annualized vs cumulative gains
- It’s the mortgage payment not home prices that matters
- Looking at the Economic impacts only
- The case for and against governments doing more lockdowns
- Market digested Covid at this point
- Areas of the market (and inflation) it may impact
- Market reaction vs political risk
- Markets climbing the wall of worry
- Discussion of past geopolitical risks