New Podcast: One Thing No One Ever Talks About within the S&P 500 Index | FANG Stocks 1 - Rest of Market 0
Derek Moore and ZEGA's CEO, Jay Pestrichelli, are back together to debate the dollar, markets, earnings, and more. Plus, they discuss one aspect of the S&P 500 Index estimates that no one ever talks about. Then, MSFT, META, AAPL, GOOGL, and AMZN have driven all the YTD gains in the S&P 500 Index compared to the rest of the market. Finally, they discuss whether the market is still keying off the US Dollar level, S&P 500 profit margins, and more.
You can click below to listen:
- 2023 Q1 US Dollar still wagging the tail of the stock market?
- Correlations of US Dollar to Equities (S&P 500 Index)
- S&P 500 Index profit margins come off record highs.
- What would declining profit margins mean for earnings?
- Historical growth of S&P 500 Index revenues
- What no one ever talks about within the S&P 500 Index
- S&P 500 Index constituent changes – out with the old in with the new
- What does the S&P 500 Index divisor mean relative to S&P 500 Index total market cap?
- 2022 negative EPS on S&P 500 Index driven by multiple and margin contraction.
- EPS growth through margins, revenue, and share count.
- Silicon Valley Bank and Signature bank get boot from S&P 500 Index
- Quarterly rebalancing of S&P 500 Index
- 5 Fang stocks drive YTD performance of the S&P 500 Index
- What annualized return needed to make a new high in the S&P 500 Index
Mentioned in this Episode:
Fed Tightening and Easing all at once?
Sequence of recessions and what comes first
Is Warren Buffett right on stock buybacks?
Podcast Explaining Overnight Reverse Repos ON RRP by the FED
Jay Pestrichelli’s book Buy and Hedge
Derek’s new book on public speaking Effortless Public Speaking
Derek Moore’s book Broken Pie Chart