Derek Moore and ZEGA's CEO, Jay Pestrichelli, are back together to debate the dollar, markets, earnings, and more. Plus, they discuss one aspect of the S&P 500 Index estimates that no one ever talks about. Then, MSFT, META, AAPL, GOOGL, and AMZN have driven all the YTD gains in the S&P 500 Index compared to the rest of the market. Finally, they discuss whether the market is still keying off the US Dollar level, S&P 500 profit margins, and more.
You can click below to listen:
- 2023 Q1 US Dollar still wagging the tail of the stock market?
- Correlations of US Dollar to Equities (S&P 500 Index)
- S&P 500 Index profit margins come off record highs.
- What would declining profit margins mean for earnings?
- Historical growth of S&P 500 Index revenues
- What no one ever talks about within the S&P 500 Index
- S&P 500 Index constituent changes – out with the old in with the new
- What does the S&P 500 Index divisor mean relative to S&P 500 Index total market cap?
- 2022 negative EPS on S&P 500 Index driven by multiple and margin contraction.
- EPS growth through margins, revenue, and share count.
- Silicon Valley Bank and Signature bank get boot from S&P 500 Index
- Quarterly rebalancing of S&P 500 Index
- 5 Fang stocks drive YTD performance of the S&P 500 Index
- What annualized return needed to make a new high in the S&P 500 Index
Mentioned in this Episode: