Derek and Mike Puck, ZEGA Director of Business Development, discuss whether Value will have a period of outperforming Growth. How Value and Growth have experienced long regimes where one outperforms another. Where we are in the current cycle. Plus, how dividends historically have accounted for 40% of total returns in the S&P 500 Index.
You can click below to listen:
- What makes a stock a “value stock”?
- Growth vs Value historically
- How growth has outperformed value for extended period of time
- Are we about to switch where value outperforms growth?
- How value investors have been fooled in the past
- How older companies reap the benefits of technology.
- Different types of assets and do they get missed with Growth stocks?
- Dividends have accounted for 40% of S&P 500 index total returns historically.
- Dividends over last few decades less than buybacks as percentage of net income
- Idea of strategy that has dividends Plus option premium from covered calls.
- Goals of covered call strategies
- Concept of dogs of the Dow
- How dividend yields move higher as price moves lower (so long as they keep paying dividends)
Mentioned in this Episode:
Jay Pestrichelli’s book Buy and Hedge
Derek’s new book on public speaking Effortless Public Speaking
Derek Moore’s book Broken Pie Chart
Contact Derek: email@example.com